A new Job Posting has been submitted. Please respond as soon as possible. If you are unable to submit a qualified Job Seeker, please decline immediately.
Job Posting ID: VOLGJP00006664
Job Posting Title: SWE|System Design Engineer|Level 3
Description: Lead Service Designer with connectivity background
We are searching for a senior service designer to support defining new business strategies and test market- and customer value of new services that connectivity and digitalization can enable. Mostly within the transport- and the mining industry.
On your role as lead Service Designer for Vehicle Connectivity you will have the opportunity to:
• Introduce design thinking as standard way of working, i.e. by organizing workshops with the different Volvo brands that stimulate new thinking and motivate action
• Research the value proposition of new opportunities enabled by connectivity (WiFi, Bluetooth, etc) based on both technology-push and market-pull approaches, with end customer in focus
• Explore the ecosystem of the product-service including the goals, pains and gains of key users, buyers and stakeholders
• Help to prioritize opportunities based on their value and technical feasibility
• explore technical limitations by populating the backlog of the development team with new PoC’s to mature technology and lower technical uncertainty, running build-measure-learn cycles
• Question and validate every assumption about the product and the customers
To support you with unveiling technological feasibility there is a lead engineer with strong connectivity background to code experiments and help you to close the Learn-Build-Measure cycle when prototyping is necessary. You will be part of innovation team Connectivity Lab, running discovery and incubation phases for new ideas. In your department you will be the first service designer while other service designers in other departments will become important speaking partners for you.
Who are you?
You are a driven and brave person motivated by challenges, with great ability for innovation. You are communicative and pedagogical to introduce your proposals to different hierarchy roles in the organization. You constantly search for new opportunities and improvements.
You have at least 3 years of experience in service design within connectivity ecosystems and led use studies of new digital services for both B2C and B2B.
Automotive and connectivity experience (Wifi, Bluetooth, etc) will be valued, as well as your ability to organize workshops and propose activities to lead participants in the right direction.
About Volvo Group
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Job Posting Start Date: 2018-11-12
Job Posting End Date: 2018-12-31
Business Unit: System & Function BF77110
Job Area: Electrical & Electronics
Job Family: System Engineering
Job Level: Level 3
If interested, please send an English CV, your requested price and a short summary of skills, also if the candidate has been working at Volvo before and in that case, which company. Also availability date.
What we also need is the candidate’s City of birth, day and month. (needed to make an ID for the candidate as a job-seeker in Volvos VMS Fieldglass)
To be sent to email@example.com