A new Job Posting has been submitted. Please respond as soon as possible. If you are unable to submit a qualified Candidate, please decline immediately.
Job Posting ID: VOLVJP00016755
Job Posting Title: Application Technology Senior level 3
Description: Design lead and developer for a ‘Fleet Management’ web application
Volvo Cars R&D will ramp up the use of data collection from company cars. For this reason the R&D organization looks to develop a tool to support measurement equipment provisioning and Fleet Management.
The assignment is part of a larger R&D project (Connected Company Cars) with the aim of providing data and analytical a capability to the Volvo Cars R&D organization.
You will work in a small and agile team where your experience matter and get a chance to work with modern technologies building a scalable, user friendly and cutting edge solution.
· Design lead for a ‘Fleet Management’ web application
· Development of high quality code and effective implementation in a Azure cloud environment
· Be an active and energetic member in the project agile development team
· Actively interact with business, IT business analysts and project teams to understand general and customer specific requirements.
· Work with Product Owner and project business analyst to specify how IT solution should be realized.
· Work with Volvo Cars IT/CED architects to secure coherent solutions, commonality, reuse and ease of operations, scalability and compliance to corporate architecture principles and standards.
You have probably have 5+ years up-to-date experience with web technology and best practice in an industrial programming setting.
You must be able to know and work independently with:
o Software architecture – design, implementation and documentation
o Visual Studio Team Services
o VSTS/TFS/GIT toolchain
o Azure IaaS, PaaS services – Windows server 2016, SQL database service
o SQL database
o Microsoft REST API technology – Web API
o Front-end java script technology – preferably AngularJS
Additional Skills Preferred
o Spark and similar frameworks
o IT security & Personal Integrity
o Configuration Management (CM)
o Test Management
· You have a love of cooperating with, enthusing and making people understand.
· Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Preferably experience from vehicle telematics, infotainment and/or active safety domains.
· Preferably experienced in Scrum methodology – user stories, sprints etc.
· Preferably experienced in DevOps setup
· An enthusiastic, confident personality.
· Inquisitive nature, driven by a need to really understand people and situations.
· Proactive and Innovative. Able to work under unclear or rapidly changing conditions.
· Good collaboration and excellent ability to build good relations to business representatives, colleagues and other IT community members.
· Self-directed, organized, analytical and results oriented.
· Holistic view, comfortable with multitasking and has the ability to accept and promote change.
· University degree or equivalent experience
Coordinator: VCM Business Services
Job Posting Start Date: 2018-12-17
Job Posting End Date: 2019-06-30
Business Unit: SDA P&Q
If interested, please send an English CV, your requested price and a short summary of skills, also if the candidate has been working at Volvo before and in that case, which company. Also availability date.
What we also need is the candidate’s City of birth, day and month. (needed to make an ID for the candidate as a job-seeker in Volvos VMS Fieldglass)
To be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org