A new Job Posting has been submitted. Please respond as soon as possible. If you are unable to submit a qualified Job Seeker, please decline immediately.
Job Posting ID: VOLVJP00016710
Job Posting Title: Scrum Master level 3
Description: Scrum Master Test Object Content Control
The P&Q (Product Creation & Quality) organization at Volvo Cars is currently working on improving lead time, cost and quality in the product development process. Several initiatives are ongoing to improve the process and a key initiative launched a few years back is called Test Object Content Control, TOCC.
A Test Object (TO) can be anything from a complete car to a single component that is needed for test and verification purposes during the product development process. The TO-process spans from initial high-level planning of TO needs to procurement, manufacturing and usage (testing) of the TOs.
Join us moving into the future! We have just recently organized ourselves in agile scrum teams and are scaling according to Scaled agile framework (SAFe). One of the teams is just starting up and needs an experienced scrum master and agile coach.
This position will be responsible to support the Product Owner and the Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers. You will guide and coach the Scrum team as well as the Development team and help them get the most out of self-organization to lift them at a higher level of maturity on a pace that is sustainable for the team. You will build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
All in all – you personify Scrum and Agile!
– Acts as an agile coach to the team, implementing and supporting Volvo Cars agile principles, practices and rules of the scrum process & other rules that the team has agreed upon.
– Build a high-performing team, by focusing on improving team dynamics and performance. Facilitates and time boxes key events/meetings like sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives.
– Play a key role in removing impediments/blockers raised by the team and provides timely resolution so that the team can remain focused on the objectives. Actively manages risks so that they don’t turn into issues.
– Protects the team from over-committing due to pressure and also from uncontrolled injection of work.
– Monitors the progress of the team using burn-down charts and takes necessary action when the progress is not as expected.
– Supports and works closely with the product owner, to keep the backlog refined for upcoming sprints and facilitate the analysis of the impact changing priorities and scope.
– Communicates the progress and status to various stakeholders and requests support when needed
– Actively collaborates with other Scrum Masters/teams for inter team dependencies
– Reinforces the scrum rules in the team and any other rules that the team has agreed upon.
– Ensures the team adopts & applies agile principles and implements agile practices.
– Supports the team in maintaining a sustainable pace to assist in forecasting of the delivery and to perform as its highest level.
– Owns the team’s way of working. Takes decisions on improvements/modifications when necessary.
– Escalates any risks/impediments that could hinder the team in achieving its objectives.
– Protects the team from over committing and from any unplanned work in an iteration
Primary Skills Required
– Sound knowledge of lean and agile frameworks.
– Good leadership (servant leadership style), communication, coordination & inter-personal skills
– Good meeting moderation and facilitation skills
– Agile believer, motivated and positive
– Ability to work well in a team and motivate the team members Additional Skills Preferred:
– Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
– SAFe knowledge
– Hands-on experience as a Scrum Master in an Agile team
– Certified Scrum Master
Coordinator: VCM Business Services
Job Posting Start Date: 2018-12-03
Job Posting End Date: 2019-06-28
Business Unit: SDA P&Q
If interested, please send an English CV, your requested price and a short summary of skills, also if the candidate has been working at Volvo before and in that case, which company. Also availability date.
What we also need is the candidate’s City of birth, day and month. (needed to make an ID for the candidate as a job-seeker in Volvos VMS Fieldglass)
To be sent to email@example.com