A new Job Posting has been submitted. Please respond as soon as possible. If you are unable to submit a qualified Job Seeker, please decline immediately.
Job Posting ID: VOLGJP00006100
Job Posting Title: SWE|Supplier Quality Engineer|Level 4
Description: THIS IS US
The Supplier Quality & Development department, belonging to Volvo Group Purchasing, is driving the global supplier base towards premium automotive quality standards. The department is responsible to continuously improve the supplier base and the quality of purchased parts. We develop and support our suppliers on their restless journey for zero waste, zero defects and zero delays.
The European CAB team consists of a continental team of eleven highly skilled supplier quality engineers based in Lyon and Gothenburg. Together with our suppliers we secure the quality of purchased cabin components such as complete dashboards, steering wheels, beds, bunks, door sides and much more. This is a team with openness, high spirit and willingness to share and support each other.
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) job is challenging but also rewarding and as an APQP ambassador you will during the projects be involved in everything from product development to quality assurance of the production lines on-site at your suppliers. The SQE monitors the quality of the development and the industrialization of new products at the Volvo Group suppliers. The SQE is responsible to secure that the suppliers are delivering according to project specifications and time plans. He/She shall secure that the supplier can produce the parts according to specification with a correct and sustainable quality level.
During sourcing phase you will provide relevant supplier facts as a base for the sourcing cases. You are also an interface between our operation plants and the suppliers during running production and, you will together with our plants minimize disturbance by steering improvements and ensuring solid actions at suppliers.
The portfolio currently available contains mainly plastic suppliers and the main technology is injection moulding but you will also have the possibility to explore other technologies. You will work with both manufacturing and development suppliers of various size and maturity level, mainly supplying our European truck brands.
In a nutshell you will:
• Lead and coordinate cross-functionally APQP/PPAP activities for various purchased parts and projects
• Be involved in the supplier selection and development work in order to ensure that the requirements are correctly understood by our suppliers and that their processes are capable to produce accordingly
• Work closely together with our Engineering in order to make sure quality is built into the original design of our products
• Monitor supplier quality performance and lead potential supplier quality crisis
• Work with the Volvo warranty group, plant quality, and quality engineering groups to eliminate potential field and customer claims
WHO ARE YOU?
What is most important is that you have an eye for details but also have a good general understanding of the situation, being able to make risk assessments and focus on the right areas.You must be a good communicator and a multicultural team player, both internally Volvo but also towards supplier management team.
We also believe that you have:
• Experience from supplier quality work within automotive business
• Knowledge in Polymer material and Processes, especially Injection Moulding is a benefit.
• Structured approach with good analytical skills and logical thinking, Strong problem-solving abilities
• Strong continuous improvement mindset
• Good English communication skills, both orally and in writing
• Good general technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Preventive mind-set but also leadership when it comes to solve problems and to make decision
• Ability to create networks and to lead cross functional activities within multi-cultural teams
• Ability to work with significant independence
It is also great if you have some experience from supplier quality work within automotive business and/or have knowledge of automotive quality standards and tools, such as ISO/TS 16949, APQP & PPAP.
Job Posting Start Date: 2019-02-11
Job Posting End Date: 2019-12-20
Business Unit: SQ&D VEH Cab EU BI64100
Job Area: Purchasing
Job Family: Supplier Performance Development
Job Level: Level 4
If interested, please send an English CV, your requested price and a short summary of skills, also if the candidate has been working at Volvo before and in that case, which company. Also availability date.
What we also need is the candidate’s City of birth, day and month. (needed to make an ID for the candidate as a job-seeker in Volvos VMS Fieldglass)
To be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org