Job Posting ID: VOLVJP00016798
Job Posting Title: Developer level 3
Description: Software Engineer (Back-end) – Sweden
Volvo Cars is on an ambitious journey to re-define the customer experience in automotive through digital technology. We’re committed to giving Volvo customers an entire week of quality time back per year by 2025 through these types of innovations that simplify their lives. We’re looking for team members in this Digital organization who think about technology problems and opportunities in exciting and different ways – creative and critical thinkers who want to change the world with us here at Volvo.
This role is within our Consumer Commercial Digital Products (CCDP) team, which is using digital technologies to reinvent the experience of becoming a Volvo customer. There’s no reason the experience of buying a car should be painful and difficult – it should be as enjoyable and exciting as actually having a new car. That is our mission. This is a rapidly growing team, and we are looking for outstanding people who will be some of the earliest hires in their function, helping to establish it at Volvo Cars.
You will be responsible for developing back-end software and services for consumer facing products and e-commerce solutions available in more than 80 countries. Your responsibilities will include rapid development of prototypes/concepts along with regular development. Initially, we are starting with a small team to create and test concepts, and then productize the promising ideas. You are experienced with agile development and a champion of software development best practices.
This position is located in Volvo’s new Stockholm Software Technology Centre in central Stockholm or in our Gamlesaden office in Goththeburg.
• Experience as a back-end software engineer, designing and writing code, and even may have served as a tech lead.
• Expert in back-end development, including data models, persistence layers, back-end services (REST APIs), app frameworks, caching and messaging services, as well as using 3rd party APIs.
• Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures
• Experience of developing code with AWS, Google App Engine, or other major cloud providers
• Technical interviewing, and helping to build a highly functioning software development team
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 3 years work experience developing back-end software
• Strong software design skills and knowledge of design patterns
• Experience and expertise in developing consumer-facing products
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools (Jira)
• A passion for cars and developments in the auto industry
• Understanding of CMS systems, such as Drupal or Sitecore
• Understanding of Microsoft .NET and Azure technologies
• Experience developing mobile applications
Coordinator: VCM Business Services
Job Posting Start Date: 2018-11-19
Job Posting End Date: 2019-03-29
Business Unit: CCDP Engineering GOT
If interested, please send an English CV, your requested price and a short summary of skills, also if the candidate has been working at Volvo before and in that case, which company. Also availability date.
What we also need is the candidate’s City of birth, day and month. (needed to make an ID for the candidate as a job-seeker in Volvos VMS Fieldglass)
To be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org