A new Job Posting has been submitted. Please respond as soon as possible. If you are unable to submit a qualified Candidate, please decline immediately.
Job Posting ID: VOLVJP00016850
Job Posting Title: Developer level 3
Description: 94240 Electrical Distribution System (EDS) is responsible for developing the electrical distribution system, the wiring harness and the wiring harness components, in all vehicle lines within Volvo Cars.
As a component CAD design engineer at EDS you are responsible for developing EDS components from concept phase to the final product (build to print) and works closely with other component teams and our suppliers. The role also includes concept studies and the initiation of component development.
Areas of responsibilities:
• Design of EDS components
• Create drawings and models of EDS components
• Keep contact with suppliers regarding updates and changes
• Handle and determine possible redesigns to solve issues found in testing or manufacturing
• Responsible for handling design related quality issues
• University degree in Engineering or equivalent working experience
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Component design experience
• CAD tool experience
• Experience from designing in plastic and metal
• Good knowledge of plastic materials
• Experience from toolmaking and the manufacturing process
• CATIA V5 experience (Part design and GSD)
• KDP experience
• Teamcenter experience
• Knowledge about Volvo Cars product development process
Coordinator: VCM Business Services
Job Posting Start Date: 2018-11-19
Job Posting End Date: 2019-03-31
Business Unit: EDS Components
If interested, please send an English CV, your requested price and a short summary of skills, also if the candidate has been working at Volvo before and in that case, which company. Also availability date.
What we also need is the candidate’s City of birth, day and month. (needed to make an ID for the candidate as a job-seeker in Volvos VMS Fieldglass)
To be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org