A new Job Posting has been submitted. Please respond as soon as possible. If you are unable to submit a qualified Candidate, please decline immediately.
Job Posting ID: VOLVJP00017239
Job Posting Title: Application Development/Testing Specialist level 4 [IT]
The position is within Service Management product portfolio. The successful candidate will be part of the “PIE One team”.
PIE (Product Information Exchange) stores software for cars, supports software ordering, download, distribution and invoicing. PIE enables SWDL (Software Download) onto the car during manufacturing and for improvements and resolving known issues in the workshop. PIE is used at P&Q (Product & Quality department), at the factories and in the aftermarket (by VIDA). VIDA (Volvo Information & Diagnostics for the Aftermarket) supports workshops all over the world in servicing Volvo vehicles by providing service & technical information, diagnostic fault tracing, software download and planning tools.
PIE One team consists today of a Product Owner and 3 Feature Teams, working in 3 weeks sprints. Each team consist of a scrum master, developers, testers and business analysts with skills to take a feature from customer request to delivery. The Feature Team members are co-located in Torslanda. We have started a journey towards DevOps.
We are now expanding with an additional Feature Team and are looking for individuals with a passion for testing in general and automated testing in particular. You will be part of an agile development team and will participate in all aspect of the software development lifecycle.
The responsibilities as test developer will also be to ensure that we have 100% test coverage throughout the application, this includes everything from unit and UI testing to performance and end-to-end testing.
The individual could be an SDET, who will have the responsibility to design/build/maintain test automation and have a direct and meaningful impact on the quality of a digital platform.
Of course this will be challenging and that’s why we are looking for someone who can think around the corners and have the guts and curiosity to try out new frameworks, tools and ways of working to enhance testing.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum/DevOps environment.
• Experience with front end automated testing tools such as Selenium.
• Experience with VSTS/Azure DevOps
• Experience with GIT/Subversion
• Experience with C#/Visual Studio
• Good communication and collaboration skills.
• Responsible for design and execution of test strategies as part of an agile scrum team.
• Develop and support the testing of product features throughout the entire development cycle.
• Own the test strategy, test planning, and test execution.
• Design and build advanced automated testing frameworks.
• Educate the team to be in speed with automated testing.
• Take complete control of the quality of the product by analysing issues, debugging the application through logs, stack traces and test results, continuous monitoring of systems under test and applications in production to increase confidence in the product or features rolled out.
• Research emerging test tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes.
• Enforce for shift-left approach to testing.
Coordinator: VCM Business Services
Job Posting Start Date: 2019-02-01
Job Posting End Date: 2020-01-31
Business Unit: CS & W
GL Code: 655101 – Technical Consultants